April 15, 2011

So many songs, so little memory!

16 Bars Cabaret has been working night and day to keep up with the five shows we are either rehearsing or planning!  It's a lot for the Cabaret Girls; but we are loving it...for the most part.  We are presently performing the Chicken Soup show while we are rehearsing Fascinating Rhythms of George and Ira Gershwin, Fly Me To The Moon, and a Mother's Day show.  Just beginning a new version of Chicken Soup For Lunch that will open June 6 at the Herberger Theater Center.  I don't think I've ever had so much music and so many lyrics running through my mind.  The trick seems to be getting the right melodies with the correct lyrics.  I wake in the middle of the night with rich sounds of Blue Moon, Walking After Midnight,  and If Mama Was Married running amok in the Wee Small Hours Of The Morning.  Let's see:  what's the next song, who sings it, and could somebody tell me the name of the show!